Brand Manager Withdraws Remarks On ‘Dos And Don’ts’ Linked To Allu Arjun, Issues Public Apology

Allu Arjun's team had earlier denied the claims as 'baseless' and said they are initiating legal proceedings against 'those responsible'.

LAST UPDATED: FEB 17, 2026, 14:39 IST|5 min read
Allu Arjun for 'Pushpa 2'

Media professional Kaveri Baruah has withdrawn her statements regarding the “dos and don’ts” of meeting Telugu star Allu Arjun and issued a public apology. A clip from a recent podcast appearance by Baruah had been widely circulated on social media. In the clip, Baruah claimed she was given a note of 42 dos and donts when meeting the star, including "don’t look into sir’s eyes," and "don’t shake his hands." An unverified list detailing the alleged points later went viral, prompting a denial from Allu Arjun's team.

Now, in a statement released days after the clip went viral, Baruah said that during the course of the conversation, she had made certain remarks about a meeting with the actor. “Upon reflection, I wish to clarify that these statements were incorrect and were not based on any verified document or factual material,” she said.

Baruah further clarified: “To be clear, no document containing ‘42 dos and don’ts’ was issued to me by Mr. Allu Arjun or by anyone acting on his behalf. My remarks were made in the flow of conversation and should not have been presented as factual assertions."

She stated that she regrets making those statements and thereby causing any 'misunderstanding or reputational harm', adding that she is withdrawing 'the remarks in their entirety'.

Baruah concluded by stating that she has “the utmost respect for Mr. Allu Arjun and his body of work,” and expressed regret for any inconvenience caused.

Sweekriti Talks Podcast, the platform that interviewed Baruah, also issued a clarification after the clip blew up on social media. The podcasters said they deleted the interview after the clip was taken out of context, leading to public misunderstanding.

In an earlier statement, Allu Arjun's team had denied the claims as 'baseless' and said they are initiating legal proceedings against 'those responsible'.

“Certain recent comments made about Mr. Allu Arjun are completely baseless and untrue. He has always conducted himself with the utmost dignity and honour. We take these false allegations seriously. Our legal team is initiating defamation proceedings against those responsible. We request everyone to refrain from spreading unverified information," a statement from Allu Arjun's team read.

One of the biggest Telugu stars, Allu Arjun, was last seen in Pushpa 2: The Rule. He has a string of high-profile projects lined up. Tamil filmmaker Lokesh Kanagaraj will direct the Telugu star's next film. He is also working on an epic sci-fi adventure, tentatively titled and directed by Atlee. Further, he will be seen in Pushpa 3: The Rampage, alongside a rumoured mythological film with Trivikram.

Next Story